Sunday 4 December 2016

newsfaze : WHY GODWIN AKWUOBI (SAG ASPIRANT UNIZIK OKOFIA) HAD TO RELINQUISH HIS PRESIDENTIAL AMBITION .




    Students of UNIZIK okofia  school of health sciences are stunned and confused  about the sudden change of mind towards the presidential seat of the SAG government of okofia by one of the SAG aspirants by name Godwin.
         Newsfaze, wanting to give the students the answer to their questions  has interviewed Godwin and he stated his reasons for dropping the aspiration to be SAG president this year.
These were his words;
     I am one man that holds his integrity dear, never ready to compromise his personality.   Like I always say , it is good that a leader differentiate between ambition and vision.

    I am one man that has a powerful  vision for the students of CHS okofia, which would have created a permanent and positive change which would not only bring smiles to the face of the students but would as well improve CHS medical school, but it is always good  to know where to draw the line.



It is true like many students have said that if I had continued running , that I would certainly emerge the SAG president, this is true but I chose to back-out because of my latest discoveries.  I chose my integrity over every other  thing.

In the process of my campaign before now, I found out that there is a conspiracy, following my discussions with several authorities. Like I said, I have a great plan for the people of okofia CHS which I know I could still achieve even without any position in the SAG government and  i`m still committed to that vision.

        There is an adage that goes this way ‘ if you cannot beat them, you join them’  . I have simply refused to join because they cannot obviously be beaten.     Have you wondered why the SAG government have not been productive for the past three years and counting? Well, I have found out why and I don`t want to get myself into a position where I would be handicapped and incapacitated , hence, end up doing nothing for the students who elected me.  This would only create enmity between I and the students.

 I have a lot to say about why I relinquished but I wish to withhold some comments.  I try to write with as much  discretion as possible because there is an igbo adage that states  ‘ nwata kwugbuo onwe ya na okwu, o si ogaranya taa ka   o gwara ya okwu’. hence, I wish to swallow some information for now.



         I wish to state that I am committed to the well-being of CHS students and in the couple of years I would be spending in this school, I will be living up to these commitments.  I wish to let all the students know something which is very crucial. By next year, state election would kick-off in Anambra state and as I am meant to know, there is always a polling unit in okofia, this simply means more money in the pocket of whosoever emerges as SAG president next year. This means that some of the SAG aspirants might be very desperate to get the presidential seat by all cost, not because they have a vision for the school, but an ambition for themselves.

So I advise all the students not to vote out of compromise, don`t let gifts, material things and well-constructed words lure you into casting your votes wrongly in the forthcoming SAG election.

By this release, I wish to let all the students know that I have relinquish my presidential ambition because it doesn`t suite my person, but my vision which is not a personal ambition lives on to be manifested.

I wish to apologize to all of you who must have put in your energy, support, finances in supporting me. I apologize to those of you who had believed in me, who had admired my courage, I want to let you know that the Godwin you know remains that same Godwin, I am only getting stronger and better, all I want you to do is to fasten your seat-belts , watch and enjoy the ride with me as I bring it on.
From his speech, it is seen that Godwin really had good plans for the students as a president  and even though he is no longer coming out for SAG president, he has not giving up his vision yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment

html page